Saturday, September 8, 2007
As far As I remember Nagila is Wilmington's Best Restaraunt...
Is Nagila Wilmington's best restaraunt? Well, I think so, but I am not 100% sure since I can't completely remember what i ate there (blame it on the Isreali wine!) I do remember we had a mega sampler of Morrocan foods, some better than others, but all very exceptional. The truth is I, my wife, two stepdaughters and a boyfriend all shared our food in a way that seemed in the spirit of the evening and the cuisine we were eating. As mentioned before, the Isreali wine was true exotica and it had the confidence and integrity of any great California red you might imagine. The place has some things going against it 1. The location on Wrightsville Ave. is in a strip center which works against the exotic ambience of the place. The decor, while not exactly bad, is hit and miss. The best thing that the place has going for it is the cook/owner/waiter (whose name I can't recall) who had the silky charm and menace of a great character actor such as Sidney Greenstreet and his confident assertation that we were about to eat a great meal, drink great wine and have a great experience gave our table a charge. He was right.
3314 Wrightsville Ave
- ► 2019 (12)
- ► 2018 (35)
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- ► 2009 (87)
- ► 2008 (59)
- Elements of the Table author Lynn Rosen sheds ligh...
- Kristin Davis at the AHAVA launch in the Weather R...
- Venturas in Utica, NY
- A Man of His Word: The Zen of Fish author intervie...
- Upping its standards since 1946-The Barbary Coast-...
- Riverfront Farmers Market-Wilmington, North Caroli...
- As far As I remember Nagila is Wilmington's Best R...
- New Yorker moves to Wilmington...and manages to be...
- A Downtown Wilmington, North Carolina Classic is n...
- Down Home Empire-Port City Java
- THAT 70's RESTARAUNT-THE LITTLE DIPPER IN WILMINGT...
- ▼ September (11)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...