Saturday, September 8, 2007
Riverfront Farmers Market-Wilmington, North Carolina's Foodie Nirvana
Wilmington's Market located for a couple of blocks on Water Street on Saturday is a big improvement on the Market we went to last year. This year there were local farms with great selections of organic produce, eggs, cheese and the like. Of note were the offerings from Grassy Ridge Farm in Riegelwood, NC and Nature's Way Farm and Seafood in Hampstead, NC where we bought some excellent, reasonably priced goat cheese covered with pepper corns and some nice crab meat as well. Also, Hanchey's Produce in Wallace, NC had some tremendouse peanuts and Honeybell Farms in Leland had great, organic eggs including Abacor eggs (Martha Stewart's favorites I was told by the farmer).
Great stuff-Much improved-Now, if only some of the area restaraunts could pick up on this trend...
- ► 2018 (35)
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- ► 2009 (87)
- ► 2008 (59)
- Elements of the Table author Lynn Rosen sheds ligh...
- Kristin Davis at the AHAVA launch in the Weather R...
- Venturas in Utica, NY
- A Man of His Word: The Zen of Fish author intervie...
- Upping its standards since 1946-The Barbary Coast-...
- Riverfront Farmers Market-Wilmington, North Caroli...
- As far As I remember Nagila is Wilmington's Best R...
- New Yorker moves to Wilmington...and manages to be...
- A Downtown Wilmington, North Carolina Classic is n...
- Down Home Empire-Port City Java
- THAT 70's RESTARAUNT-THE LITTLE DIPPER IN WILMINGT...
- ▼ September (11)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...