Sunday, July 20, 2008
Long Island's Mastic Sea Food is Fantastic!
Mastic Sea Food in unfashionable Mastic just off the Montauk Highway is a mind-blowing Old School seafood market. The men there walk around in huge black overhauls with HERCULES stamped on them. There are Mastic seafood hats on sale for 10.00, the t-shirts are two for 10.00. The abundant oysters, clams, mussels, tuna, shark, haddock, squid, etc is a briny feast for the most jaded seafood lover. And, it might be the best place to get lobster on Long Island. The next best place for seafood on Long Island is probably Cor Jays'(I am spelling it wrong) and MSF has it beat with price and selection and it also has a more accesible location (for us of course)-The service is tremendous with patient, burly dudes of all ages alert and informative...
Mastic Sea Food
1051 Mastic Rd, Mastic, NY 11950
- ► 2019 (11)
- ► 2018 (35)
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- ► 2009 (87)
- The Bear Cafe in Woodstock must be the best restar...
- Strangely unsatisfying- Hudson's wonderful Swoon....
- Grey Horse Tavern in Bayport Stumbles out of the G...
- Long Island's Mastic Sea Food is Fantastic!
- What else can we say-Dockers in East Quogue might ...
- Ralph's ice is comfort food raised to an art form ...
- Mark and Lynn Visit Pigale and the W Hotel
- ▼ July (7)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...