Monday, July 7, 2008
Ralph's ice is comfort food raised to an art form in Patchougue NY
Created in 1926 by the beloved Ralph Silverto, Ralph's ices is a family owned institution on Long Island. With over 50 locations on "the island" Ralph's is first rate comfort food in the summer. Ralph's has over 100 flavors of ice cream, sherbert and cream ices at any given time, many of them low in fat and/or sugar (many flavors are low in cholesterol too). Drinks and smoothies are also available too (the "Ralphacino" is a popular offering). Lynn and I are especially fond of the Patchogue location which is conveniently located near our gym (allowing us to reward ourselves for exercise with minimum guilt) and has a nice, young staff and is typically open very late.
126 East Main St (Rear)
- ► 2019 (12)
- ► 2018 (35)
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- ► 2009 (87)
- The Bear Cafe in Woodstock must be the best restar...
- Strangely unsatisfying- Hudson's wonderful Swoon....
- Grey Horse Tavern in Bayport Stumbles out of the G...
- Long Island's Mastic Sea Food is Fantastic!
- What else can we say-Dockers in East Quogue might ...
- Ralph's ice is comfort food raised to an art form ...
- Mark and Lynn Visit Pigale and the W Hotel
- ▼ July (7)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...