Monday, July 14, 2008
What else can we say-Dockers in East Quogue might be the best restaruant on Long Island...
Dockers in East Quogue (the only "Hamptons" that seems cool anymore) is Mark and Lynn's new favorite restaurant. As with many perfect dining experiences, it defies easy description, but I will try. The setting overlooking the water is the outstanding physical feature of the place. The waitstaff is efficient, attractive with good instincts (they handled my mother-in-laws request to order fried flounder, an item not on the menu, with good humor and poise). The drinks are imaginative and interesting (the Oystertini; a traditional martini with a single Oyster and tobasco is my new favorite drink).
The food is sublime, my father in law enjoyed his stuffed sole more than anything I have ever seen him eat in a restaurant and my tuna tartar was perfect and beautiful. The atmosphere is a rarity on Long Island; chic, but laid back. This place is it...
94 Dune Rd.
East Quogue, NY
- ► 2019 (12)
- ► 2018 (35)
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- ► 2009 (87)
- The Bear Cafe in Woodstock must be the best restar...
- Strangely unsatisfying- Hudson's wonderful Swoon....
- Grey Horse Tavern in Bayport Stumbles out of the G...
- Long Island's Mastic Sea Food is Fantastic!
- What else can we say-Dockers in East Quogue might ...
- Ralph's ice is comfort food raised to an art form ...
- Mark and Lynn Visit Pigale and the W Hotel
- ▼ July (7)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...