Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Strangely unsatisfying- Hudson's wonderful Swoon...(?)
Lynn and I had eaten in Swoon in 2006. It was unknown to us at the time and we stumbled upon it when we went through Hudson on a Sunday around 2:30 when we were particularly hungry and impatient to find something good to eat. We were too impatient to bother with bad food, we had the kind of impatience that demands good food. We managed to find Swoon (after seeing that the Red something restaurant was closed). It was with great relief that we found that this place was a real find. Indeed, in our state of Upstate NY exhaustion we felt like we had found a kind of Shangri La with regard to food.
Having re-visited the place recently we were oddly underwhelmed. There was something worn out about it. Maybe it was the beat up menus placed before us or the serviceable but uninspired service, but it didn't seem the same. This was perplexing because our food was good, the atmosphere pleasant and as was said earlier, the service was satisfactory. The rose' we had was actually pretty amazing. But, as in Proust, memory is an oddity and doesn't follow convention, pattern or desire...
340 Warren Street
Hudson NY 12534
- ► 2019 (12)
- ► 2018 (35)
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- ► 2009 (87)
- The Bear Cafe in Woodstock must be the best restar...
- Strangely unsatisfying- Hudson's wonderful Swoon....
- Grey Horse Tavern in Bayport Stumbles out of the G...
- Long Island's Mastic Sea Food is Fantastic!
- What else can we say-Dockers in East Quogue might ...
- Ralph's ice is comfort food raised to an art form ...
- Mark and Lynn Visit Pigale and the W Hotel
- ▼ July (7)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...