Thursday, August 21, 2008
Mama Lombardi's is in Holbrook if you are in the right mood...
Mama Lombardi’s in Holbrook , NY ( Long Island ) is perfect if you are in a very specific kind of mood (don't mind being jostled, don't mind competing for seating and the jar of parmagesean cheese). Mainly, the place is appealing to us if we want good quality food that is cheap, fresh and satisfying. The take out section which is where we usually eat has little ambiance, but it is appealing and good people watching. Lombardi’s staff are efficient in dealing with a lot of people(usually badly behaved and impatient customers) and a lot of orders. Favorites are the Arugala, Endive and Radicchio salad and the whole wheat pizza. The house wine is a surprising bust for an Italian restaurant, but hardly undrinkable. There are a couple of other sections including a bar section and a more traaitional fine dining area that we have tried but not enjoyed as much as the take out section. There are other parts of the Lombardi’s empire in Holbrook including an impressive catering facility next door and a wonderful Italian grocery store a few blocks away as well. (Look for a post on the grocery in the near future).
400 Furrows Road •
Holbrook • NY • 11741 •
Phone: (631) 737 - 0774
- ► 2019 (11)
- ► 2018 (35)
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- ► 2009 (87)
- Deer Run Farms in Brookhaven comforts the Hamlet w...
- Alan Rickman keeps rickety Bottle Shock afloat...
- Mark and Lynn's Shameful secret...They like the ch...
- Mama Lombardi's is in Holbrook if you are in the r...
- Is anyone looking at me?: World Class Athletes, Po...
- Mark and Lynn visit the Hamptons Cottage and Garde...
- Grey Horse Tavern corrects a couple of rough spots...
- ▼ August (7)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...