Monday, December 15, 2008
(Hampton Blues Part 2) Rowdy Hall in East Hampton is a great restaraunt, except for the customers...
Mark and Lynn have been going to Rowdy Hall for years and we will no doubt continue to go there for years to come. It is a great place to grab a bite before or after a movie and it is the rare place that has a lot of consistent, unbroken energy through the afternoon so that even if you eat lunch at 2:30 there is usually a nice crowd and a full staff.
The bad about Rowdy Hall is that it is often crowded with clueless patrons who lack even the most basic ideas about courtesy. This is especially true with regard to the bar which is well-stocked with fine beers, good, inexpensive wines and a mixture of old school and hip spirits. The space of the bar is small and it can feel crowded even with five patrons. It is rare that Mark and Lynn sit at the bar without some jerk acting annoying in some form or fashion. There behavior is mostly of the variety of being passive aggressive and not letting you move to a seat. There is little a place can do about this kind of thing and it is typical of the Hamptons where the entitlement of the citizens is often unbecoming.
The good is that the food is excellent pub fare with great, beefy fish and chips, elegant frise salad and the best and coolest bartender in the Hamptons, Dermont...
Go and enjoy, but consider yourself warned.
10 Main St.
East Hampton, NY
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- ► 2009 (87)
- Mark and Lynn are impressed by The Patio's bartend...
- Cheesecake Factory at Smith Haven Mall (Lake Grove...
- (Hampton Blues part 1)-Citarella in East Hampton i...
- (Hampton Blues Part 2) Rowdy Hall in East Hampton ...
- Tate's Bake Shop in Southampton is touched with pe...
- Salsa Salsa raises the bar for creative Mexican fo...
- A mano Osteria and Wine Bar continues the trend of...
- ▼ December (7)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...