Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Salsa Salsa raises the bar for creative Mexican food in Bayport, Long Island...
Salsa Salsa in unfashionable Bayport is the latest offering in the Salsa Salsa Empire in Suffolk County. Lynn and I have always loved the Salsa Salsa restaurant in Port Jefferson where Chef Chris Jehle added great selections like duck to traditional Mexican dishes. They also were almost over-accommodating to Mark as he often made special requests like melting gorgonzola over the salad offerings and even concocting his own salad.
The Salsa Salsa in Bayport is a great step forward for Brookhaven as there are plenty of bloated, expensive restaurants in the area (Le Soir, Louis XVI) and plenty of junky delis but nothing to have a quick, satisfying moderately priced meal of exceptional quality. Believe me, we have looked and there is nothing in Brookhaven.
The Bayport version of Salsa Salsa brings much of the staff and spirit of the Port Jefferson version. It was great to see some familiar faces and for them to remember our preferences. We have already visited the place several times and have noticed that the restaurant has smoothed out some of its rough spots and is clicking away on par with the exceptional efficiency that we had admired in Port Jefferson. The prices remain modest and the eatery is beginning to experiment with key ingredients as the Port Jefferson SS was known to do….It is a relief to Mark and Lynn that there is no need to trek up to Port Jefferson from the South Shore of Long Island to get exceptional food in this price range (except for old time’s sake)
Salsa salsa Bayport
893 Montauk Highway
Bayport, NY 11705
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- ► 2009 (87)
- Mark and Lynn are impressed by The Patio's bartend...
- Cheesecake Factory at Smith Haven Mall (Lake Grove...
- (Hampton Blues part 1)-Citarella in East Hampton i...
- (Hampton Blues Part 2) Rowdy Hall in East Hampton ...
- Tate's Bake Shop in Southampton is touched with pe...
- Salsa Salsa raises the bar for creative Mexican fo...
- A mano Osteria and Wine Bar continues the trend of...
- ▼ December (7)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...