Thursday, April 16, 2009
Jamesport Manor Inn on Long Island impresses with good service, great food and blithe spirits...
A great seemingly underrated player in the North Fork (Long Island) universe; the Jamesport Manor Inn has many great things going for it. First off, the setting is nice and is off the beaten path enough to make it feel like a slightly clandestine destination. Second, the service is some of the smoothest and subtlest we have ever experienced anywhere on Long Island. Finally, the food is near perfection. We ate there during the recent restaurant week and had great duck and oysters. The place has been apparently rebuilt after a recent fire, but the spirits of the place remain and the sense one has is dining in a kind of haunted house...Not an experience for anyone, but intriguing and a very sophisticated feeling for the adventurous.
Jamesport Manor Inn
370 Manor Ln, Riverhead, NY 11901
- ► 2019 (12)
- ► 2018 (35)
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- Whole Foods in Jericho, NY is turning into a jerks...
- Porters on the Lane in Bellport Long Island impre...
- Sawmill is the hippest restaurant in Wilmington......
- The Dixie Grill in Wilmington, North Carolina has ...
- Port City Java in Wilmington, North Carolina is go...
- Jamesport Manor Inn on Long Island impresses with ...
- Snake River Farms Kurobuta Ham make Easter a Gourm...
- Quench in Patchogue brings Brooklyn hipness to the...
- ▼ April (8)
- ► 2008 (59)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...