Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Port City Java in Wilmington, North Carolina is going downhill...
Used to be that when Mark and Lynn needed a good caffeine fix (in Wilmington) they would head to Port City Java, a coffee house that is as omnipresent as Starbucks on our own Long Island turf. The coffee drinks were good, and there was some exceptional Asian Style Chicken salads as well.
On our most recent sojourn to Wilmington it seemed that the regional coffee giant had slipped noticeably all the way around. The coffee was watery and had basically no taste. It seemed that the menu had been reduced and the upkeep of the places seemed shabby and careless. Worst of all, the places smelled like cleaning fluid; being clean is one thing, smelling like a college dorm is quite another.
- ► 2018 (31)
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- Whole Foods in Jericho, NY is turning into a jerks...
- Porters on the Lane in Bellport Long Island impre...
- Sawmill is the hippest restaurant in Wilmington......
- The Dixie Grill in Wilmington, North Carolina has ...
- Port City Java in Wilmington, North Carolina is go...
- Jamesport Manor Inn on Long Island impresses with ...
- Snake River Farms Kurobuta Ham make Easter a Gourm...
- Quench in Patchogue brings Brooklyn hipness to the...
- ▼ April (8)
- ► 2008 (59)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...