Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Porters on the Lane in Bellport Long Island impresses with an imaginative Martini...
Porter's in Bellport has become a favorite of Mark & Lynn's for a number of reasons; Crisp and casual service, a well-run dining room, sharp hosting, a solid menu with some imagination and now finally Porter's has one of the most interesting drinks on Long Island by the name of a Dirty Blue Vodka Martini.
The concoction's secret weapon is a number of Blue Cheese stuffed olives which give the drink a briny, salty quality that is both refined and rakish. The excellent staff there do a great job making it and on a recent cool Saturday night the drink managed to be a delicious treat after a long day.
PORTERS on the lane
19 Bellport Lane
Bellport, NY 11713
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- Whole Foods in Jericho, NY is turning into a jerks...
- Porters on the Lane in Bellport Long Island impre...
- Sawmill is the hippest restaurant in Wilmington......
- The Dixie Grill in Wilmington, North Carolina has ...
- Port City Java in Wilmington, North Carolina is go...
- Jamesport Manor Inn on Long Island impresses with ...
- Snake River Farms Kurobuta Ham make Easter a Gourm...
- Quench in Patchogue brings Brooklyn hipness to the...
- ▼ April (8)
- ► 2008 (59)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...