Monday, April 6, 2009
Quench in Patchogue brings Brooklyn hipness to the South Shore...
There are some very good wine stores in and around Brookhaven. Pope's in Medford has a tremendous selection with some tough to find spirits like Aquavit and Tito's Vodka. Holbrook Liquors homely warehouse location (next to BJ's) has some of the most interesting wines around the area (and are constantly getting new selections at good prices).
Despite this, there is no great, hip wine store in the area. That is until now with the recent opening of Quench in Patchogue. Quench features an interesting selection of first rate wines and spirits. We have been just a couple of times but we already have our favorites: The Hudson Single Malt Whisey (bottled by Tuthilltown Spirits in Gardiner, NY), The French Maid Wines and Sofia Copolla Blanc De Blanc...
We intend to follow up on this short report with some more stuff about the intereting owners who hail from Brooklyn.
90 West Main Street, Patchogue New York 11772 (631) 569 2574
- ► 2019 (12)
- ► 2018 (35)
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- Whole Foods in Jericho, NY is turning into a jerks...
- Porters on the Lane in Bellport Long Island impre...
- Sawmill is the hippest restaurant in Wilmington......
- The Dixie Grill in Wilmington, North Carolina has ...
- Port City Java in Wilmington, North Carolina is go...
- Jamesport Manor Inn on Long Island impresses with ...
- Snake River Farms Kurobuta Ham make Easter a Gourm...
- Quench in Patchogue brings Brooklyn hipness to the...
- ▼ April (8)
- ► 2008 (59)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...