Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Sawmill is the hippest restaurant in Wilmington...It just doesn't know it
The Sawmill Restaurant on Carolina Beach Road in Wilmington, NC is the kind of place that would be a cult hangout in NY or one of the Burroughs 1. Retro feel-Check 2. Cheap, comfort food-Check 3. "Authentic" (ie working class) customers-check-
Places like Freeman's and the Rusty Nail pour thousands into making bars and restaurants that seem ramshackle.
The Sawmill is the real thing-Great, offbeat food (the best fried oysters I have had), good coffee and warm, efficient service (a miracle in Wilmington) have made the Sawmill a real favorite for a breakfast or hearty lunch in the Port City. The location, on the way to and from Carolina Beach also makes the place stand out as there are few restaurants of note in this part of Wilmington.
I can't wait for some guy to move to Brooklyn and create an authentic Southern style restaraunt and call it Sawmill 2 or something like that...
5611 Carolina Beach Rd, Wilmington, NC 2841
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- Whole Foods in Jericho, NY is turning into a jerks...
- Porters on the Lane in Bellport Long Island impre...
- Sawmill is the hippest restaurant in Wilmington......
- The Dixie Grill in Wilmington, North Carolina has ...
- Port City Java in Wilmington, North Carolina is go...
- Jamesport Manor Inn on Long Island impresses with ...
- Snake River Farms Kurobuta Ham make Easter a Gourm...
- Quench in Patchogue brings Brooklyn hipness to the...
- ▼ April (8)
- ► 2008 (59)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...