Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Whole Foods in Jericho, NY is turning into a jerkstore...
Whole Foods in Jericho is the only Whole Foods on Long Island. Mark and Lynn were thrilled to find it and were thrilled to see the kind of exotica that the place made available like fresh ground Almond Butter, exotic beers, interesting bitters, offbeat cheeses as well as some nutrisou and varied take out food. There were a lot of pushy customers but we figured that was the price you pay for living in NY (particularly Long Island).
Well, the store has gotten old and much less appealing. The friendly knowledgeable help we were so impressed with a couple of years ago seems to have moved on. There also seems to be less in the way of new products or food. No new meats, no new fish, nothing new with regard to vegatables, not much in the way of new cosmetics, well, you get the picture. In the meantime, run of the mill chains like Stop and Shop and King Kullen have upgraded their offerings so that their produce, fish, meat and the like are competitive with Whole Foods (at a price that is often noticeably lower).
One thing has not changed and that is the annoying, pushy customers who would break your neck to get the last pack of arugala from Satur Farms (after which they would drive away in a Prius plastered with OBAMA stickers). Lately, every time I go there I think of the epsisode of Seinfeld where George makes reference to the jerkstore...
Here is the contact info but don't say we didn't warn you.
429 North Broadway
Jericho, NY 11753-2106 USA
- ► 2019 (11)
- ► 2018 (35)
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- Whole Foods in Jericho, NY is turning into a jerks...
- Porters on the Lane in Bellport Long Island impre...
- Sawmill is the hippest restaurant in Wilmington......
- The Dixie Grill in Wilmington, North Carolina has ...
- Port City Java in Wilmington, North Carolina is go...
- Jamesport Manor Inn on Long Island impresses with ...
- Snake River Farms Kurobuta Ham make Easter a Gourm...
- Quench in Patchogue brings Brooklyn hipness to the...
- ▼ April (8)
- ► 2008 (59)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...