Sunday, August 16, 2009
Como se llama "sucks" : Spain on the Road Again blows Mark and Lynn away with it's lameness....
Mark and Lynn were intereseted in this show before it aired, but what a letdown. I know it has been on for awhile but it is oddly bad and I can't get the badness of it out of my head.
Where do I start? !. The lame flirting between Batali, Paltrow, Bittman and that Spanish actress 2. The smug posturing of the four participants in the show 3. The lazily edited, awkard car rides from town to town 4. The self-congratulatory egotistical back-slapping (Gwyneth: "You're Mario Freaking Batali!").
The other travel show with an egotistical partiicpant is Anthoy Bourdain's No Reservations on theTravel Channel. His show, we like, howver, he is a self-aware guy and he seems to learn something in the process of his travels, plus he has a good sense of humor about himself. Not so with the four people in Spain: On the Road Again. Bitman is particularly annoying trying to cozy up to the Spanish actress. A vanity piece for the all involved...
- ► 2019 (11)
- ► 2018 (35)
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- Last of Summer Part 1: at Westhamptom-Cupsiogue Be...
- Last of Summer Part 2 at Smith Point Long Island ...
- Bellport Country Club is nice but forgettable...
- Como se llama "sucks" : Spain on the Road Again bl...
- Mark and Lynn endorse the Mad Men lifestyle.. Have...
- Shots from Porter's in Bellport, New York...
- ▼ August (6)
- ► 2008 (59)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...