Saturday, September 5, 2009
Carla Marla's in Bellport, NY rates as a pretty good ice cream parlor...
There is nothing fancy about Carla Marla's; the flavors rearely if ever change and there is no atmosphere to speak of; there is no sense of the gourmet potential of ice cream as in Ralph's in Patchogue. Finally, a simple cone can run almost 5.00 (nearly as much as desserts in a regular restaraunt). At Carla Marla's you have just a couple of high school kids slinging ice cream out of a bucket. Nontheless, there is no place more comforting in the Bellport area when you need to wind down after a tough day or after a nice meal at Porter's across the street. The ice cream, generic though it is, is pretty good and the kids working there are unfailingly polite.
8 Bellport Lane Bellport Lane
Bellport NY 11713
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- Is Alicia Infante the hot new baker on Long Island...
- Mark and Lynn visit Annalise (yet again) at Perabe...
- Loughlin Vineyards and Barney amuse Mark and Lynn ...
- Labor Day at Blue Point Brewing Company....
- Mark and Lynn squeeze the last of summer out at th...
- Carla Marla's in Bellport, NY rates as a pretty go...
- ▼ September (6)
- ► 2008 (59)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...