From The Gluten Free and Almond Flour Cookbook (Ten Speed Press)
Double Chocolate Cherry Cookies
MAKES 24 COOKIES SWEETNESS: HIGH
These chocolaty cookies are a favorite in my household and vanish from my countertop in no time flat. The double dose of dark antioxidant-rich chocolate along with almond flour (rich in cholesterol-lowering omega fatty acids) makes these cookies a heart-healthy treat.
2 3/4 cups blanched almond flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
3/4 cup agave nectar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate (73% cacao)
1 cup dried fruit-juice-sweetened cherries
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder. In a medium bowl, whisk together the grapeseed oil, agave nectar, and vanilla extract. Fold the wet ingredients into the almond flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Fold in the chocolate and cherries. Spoon the dough 1 heaping tablespoon at a time onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each cookie.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the tops of the cookies look dry and start to crack—be careful not to overcook. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 20 minutes, then serve warm.
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- The Sleek Decor of Boston's Museum of Fine Art's B...
- Bravo at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston is a se...
- Serafina at Dream Hotel NYC makes a lovely ginger ...
- The Dream Hotel has a seedy glamour that (finally)...
- More Images from Mark and Lynn's Visit the Dream H...
- Cafe 2 at Museum of Modern Art...
- Mark and Lynn Take a look inside Elana's Pantry......
- Bonus #1 Elana Shares her (Gluten Free) Chocolate ...
- Bonus # 2 Elana's Pantry shares her Pear Crisp (G...
- Bonus # 3 Elana's Pantry shares her Double Chocola...
- ▼ March (10)
- ► 2009 (87)
- ► 2008 (59)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...