Monday, April 12, 2010
Rosie's Handmade Revolution brings Etsy Nation to Bellport, New York
The opening of Rosie's Handmade Revolution in Bellport this past weekend was cause for celebration for a couple of particular reasons one of which is that Bellport finally has a hip store that has a great collection of affordable, hip and handmade clothing.
Second and of particular interest to us is the small, but nicely put together selection of high end desserts and teas from hipster bakeries like Whimsy and Spice and Cafe Portofino in Northport, NY. We particularly liked Whimsy's delicate, scalloped Honey Lavender offering which Lynn thought had a taste of Provence; a perfect compliment to one of Rosie's teas.
Lynn was also particularly fond of the Hazelnut Chocolate Whiskey Cookies from the Brooklyn Confectioner. Here, Lynn detected a nice pairing of whiskey flavor with a creamy hazlenut ganache in the center of the confection.Lynn also loved Cafe Portofino's lemon bars made with fresh lemon curd. To round this out, we also loved the truffles from the Calabass Candy Company. (for more about the store see our other post from today's date).
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- Derby Day is coming so have a mint julep!
- Mark and Lynn party like it's 1939 with Specialiti...
- Rosie's Handmade Revolution brings Etsy Nation to ...
- Opening of Rosie's Handmade Revolution in Bellport...
- Dahl V for Voluptuous
- Bad Art + Charmless Receptionist=The Cameron Art M...
- '"Spiced" girl Dalia Jurgensen talks about her mem...
- Mark and Lynn soak up Boston culture for 48 hours....
- ▼ April (8)
- ► 2009 (87)
- ► 2008 (59)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...