Monday, September 26, 2011
Mark and Lynn dig the Jones Family Farm in Herkimer, NY...
Lynn and I were fortunate enough to have the chance to visit Sharon Springs, NY on a mini-upstate swing over the weekend. The cause for our visit was to attend the Sharon Springs Fall Harvest Festival. We had attended a similar festival for the Christmas holiday in November of last year where we met Josh and Brent AKA "The Beekman Boys" who had chucked high flying lives to become farmers in uber-rural upstate New York. The Beekman 1802 mercantile store looms large on Main Street but the prescence of Josh and Brent seemed muted this year and since there show was not renewed there was no sign of roaming TV crews this year as in years past.
In any event, Lynn and I happened upon a couple of "finds" at the fest one of which was the cheeses of the Jones Family Farm in nearby Herkimer, NY. Lynn and I sampled a couple of their offerings and bought a couple of goat cheese varieties including a very unique and frangrant goat cheese flavored with fig. Needless to say the cheese didn't last the weekend and we are already trying to figure out how we can get a regular supply...
- ► 2018 (35)
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- Scenes from the 2011 Sharon Springs, NY Harvest Fe...
- Mark and Lynn dig the Jones Family Farm in Herkime...
- Mark and Lynn experience Katleen Flinn's Kitchen C...
- Mark and Lynn stop by the Grey Goose tent at the U...
- Mark and Lynn take in the US Open
- A few last shots of summer in the Hamptons...
- The Kevin Moot era ends at Painter's in Brookhaven...
- ▼ September (7)
- ► 2010 (113)
- ► 2009 (87)
- ► 2008 (59)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...