Monday, September 12, 2011
Mark and Lynn stop by the Grey Goose tent at the US Open and discover the "Honey Deuce"
The food and drink at the US Open has a reputation for being notoriously overpriced; having said that, we were pleasantly surprised at the Grey Goose set up at the tournament where drinks were priced at about $10.00 which is even a bit under what we have paid on Long Island for a cocktail. In any event, we both got drinks there to start our afternoon off as it was blistering hot and the sleek bottles of Grey Goose looked frigid. At that point we would have been happy just to have poured a bottle of freezing vodka over our head as to ingest it in a civilized manner.
Lucky for us we went the civilized route and opted for a classic martini (me) and a concoction inspired by the event called "the Grey Goose Honey Deuce" the recipe of which is:
- ► 2019 (11)
- ► 2018 (35)
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- Scenes from the 2011 Sharon Springs, NY Harvest Fe...
- Mark and Lynn dig the Jones Family Farm in Herkime...
- Mark and Lynn experience Katleen Flinn's Kitchen C...
- Mark and Lynn stop by the Grey Goose tent at the U...
- Mark and Lynn take in the US Open
- A few last shots of summer in the Hamptons...
- The Kevin Moot era ends at Painter's in Brookhaven...
- ▼ September (7)
- ► 2010 (113)
- ► 2009 (87)
- ► 2008 (59)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...