The food and drink at the US Open has a reputation for being notoriously overpriced; having said that, we were pleasantly surprised at the Grey Goose set up at the tournament where drinks were priced at about $10.00 which is even a bit under what we have paid on Long Island for a cocktail. In any event, we both got drinks there to start our afternoon off as it was blistering hot and the sleek bottles of Grey Goose looked frigid. At that point we would have been happy just to have poured a bottle of freezing vodka over our head as to ingest it in a civilized manner.
Lucky for us we went the civilized route and opted for a classic martini (me) and a concoction inspired by the event called "the Grey Goose Honey Deuce" the recipe of which is:
- 1 1/4 parts Grey Goose Vodka
- fresh squeezed lemonade
- 1/2 part Chambord or premium raspberry liqueur
- crushed ice
- honeydew melon balls for garnish
- Fill chilled highball glass with crushed ice and add GREY GOOSE Vodka.
- Top with lemonade to just below the rim and then add Chambord.
- Garnish with honeydew melon balls.
For a more about the drink and it's preparation see the YouTube video below...