Saturday, October 22, 2011
Mark and Lynn check out the Ballston Spa, NY hot spot for tea; The Whistling Kettle
Lynn and I had done so much in upstate NY late last month we have had a hard time processing it completely. One of the real surprises of our trip was the discovery of The Whistling Kettle in Ballston Spa, NY (not far from Saratoga Springs). The Whistling Kettle is no demure tea room but a bustling energetic, high ceiling space with the energy of a great bar or steak house.
Obviously the tea is the big draw here; but Lynn and I had a wonderful lunch with me having a hefty, old fashioned Cobb Salad and Lynn having a tasty panini. There are also some gluten free offerings that point to a forward thinking mentality with regard to food that is not an automatic thing in traditional minded upstate NY (at least in our experience).
Again, however, the tea here is the show stopper. I am not much of a tea drinker but Lynn has become something of an aficionado since she gave up coffee. Suffice to say she was blown away by the fragrant offerings one after the other. As always, Lynn got a kick out of the stylish names of the Whistling Kettle's offerings; 9 Bend Black Dragon, 100 Monkeys, Samurai Matcha and son on. Suffice to say Lynn is easily hooked on this kind of exotica and with a return trip to upstate it is a certainty that we will swing by the Whistling Kettle to see what new delicacies are to be found at the Ballston Spa hot spot...
M & L
- ► 2019 (12)
- ► 2018 (35)
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- Mark and Lynn wish you a sexy Halloween (or Hallo-...
- Mark and Lynn take in NY on October 24...
- Mark and Lynn love crowded Isabella's on the Upper...
- Mark and Lynn check out the Ballston Spa, NY hot s...
- Mark and Lynn talk to author Gayle Trent about Kil...
- Mark Love the Rose and Kettle in Cherry Valley, NY...
- Mark and Lynn Take a wistful look at Daniel Storto...
- Mark and Lynn Dig hip Putnam Wine in Saratoga Spri...
- Mark and Lynn are blown away by the Cooperstown Ch...
- ▼ October (9)
- ► 2010 (113)
- ► 2009 (87)
- ► 2008 (59)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...