Sunday, April 1, 2012
Mark and Lynn believe Charles Smith Wines are touched by witchcraft...
We rarely pay more than 10.00 for a bottle of wine in most liquor stores on Long Island and when we go to Trader Joe's in Boston we load up on "Two Buck Chuck" (really "Three Buck Chuck" these days). And, truth be told there are many very good wines in the 10.00 range (Smoking Loon, Rex Goliath, Toasted Head and so on) and we are serious wine drinkers so it behooves us to find good wines with favorable price points. However, when we want to treat ourselves we go to Down the Rabbit Hole where we are more than willing to push our limits price wise since the wines there are so thoughtfully curated. Most recently, Lynn and I have been buzzed on Washington State's Charles Smith wines like the Velvet Devil (which has strong hints of cocoa and goes down like chocolate milk) and Boom Boom Syrah (which is a crowd pleaser with a hint of red velvet cake). Most of all these wines seem to be touched by witchcraft which is more than enough for us (and the price point is just at 20.00); or, as the iconoclastic Mr. Smith says "It's just booze-drink it."
- ► 2019 (12)
- ► 2018 (35)
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- Shucked author Erin Byers Murray talks about her y...
- Bedford Cheese in Williamsburg brings a curator's ...
- Mark and Lynn love Trix in Brooklyn...
- Lynn pays tribute to the Van Leeuwen Ice Cream Tru...
- 8 hours in Williamsburg, Brooklyn...
- Mark and Lynn love 21st Amendment Brewery's IPA
- Mark and Lynn believe Charles Smith Wines are touc...
- ▼ April (7)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- ► 2009 (87)
- ► 2008 (59)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...