Monday, April 15, 2013
Barrington Coffee in Boston is a civilized outpost for urbane coffee aficionados...
I had just worked out at Peter Welch's gym and my arms and legs felt torched. and my head foggy but somehow clear. I didn't know what I wanted but I thought a strong coffee might help center me. I had passed Barrington Coffee on the way to Peter Welch's a couple of times but didn't have the time to check it out. This Sunday I had the time and again, felt like I could use a jump so I stretched a point and ducked into Barrington's storefront and ordered an Au Lait with Half and Half. Maybe it was my being punchy but the concoction had a nice combination of bite and sweetness which helped rouse me from my early morning agony. Lynn and I had gotten coffee around Boston a couple of times with mostly favorable results but few of the places had the civilized ambiance of Barrington's storefront and after my UFC forged instructor Tom Egan had introduced me to the basics of MMA I suppose something sleek and comforting was a nice switch...
346 Congress Street
Fort Point, Boston, MA 02210
- ► 2019 (12)
- ► 2018 (35)
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- Tuthilltown Spirits brings fourth Basement Bitters...
- Tuthilltown Spirits in Gardiner warms mark and lyn...
- Grandson Jackson Perkins channels Bruce Wayne at t...
- It's not food, it is Pez....
- Barrington Coffee in Boston is a civilized outpost...
- Tony's Sushi in Moriches sexes up its image...
- Best Market in Patchogue makes grocery shopping gl...
- ▼ April (7)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- ► 2009 (87)
- ► 2008 (59)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...