Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Tuthilltown Spirits brings fourth Basement Bitters...
Tuthilltown Spirits was an embarrassment of riches. We predictably found great spirits but the real surprise was the discovery of the distillery's brilliant bitters called Basement Bitters (so called because the bitters are created in the basement of the distillery). The bitters have a distinctive and smoky flavor likely the result of aging in rye whiskey barrels. One of the best and most innovative of the artisinal trends of late has been the rise of thoughtfully made and curated bitters and with Basement Bitters Tuthilltown has raised the bar on the neglected art of making bitters.
- ► 2018 (35)
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- Tuthilltown Spirits brings fourth Basement Bitters...
- Tuthilltown Spirits in Gardiner warms mark and lyn...
- Grandson Jackson Perkins channels Bruce Wayne at t...
- It's not food, it is Pez....
- Barrington Coffee in Boston is a civilized outpost...
- Tony's Sushi in Moriches sexes up its image...
- Best Market in Patchogue makes grocery shopping gl...
- ▼ April (7)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- ► 2009 (87)
- ► 2008 (59)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...