Friday, May 17, 2013
Kelapo raises the bar on Coconut Oil
We got a nice samplin of Kelapo Virgin Coconut Oil recently which is organic, fair trade certified as well as cold pressed. The Cadillac of Coconut Oils if you will. No surprise that we were impressed by its versatility adding a nice creamy sweetness to a variety of food we experimented on such as bacon, grilled cheese, fish and broccoli rabe. Most of the coconut oils we have used were serviceable but non-descript, expensive, not necessarily easy to find and often came, for some reason, in rather awkward glass containers. Kelapo's products are in a variety of sizes, some as small as half ounce packets and really make an impact on dishes that even some of the better olive and grapeseed oils don't. A great discovery for us...
- ► 2018 (35)
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (52)
- Caesar's Pasta raises the bar for everyday Italian...
- Kelley and Ping marry low and high end Asian cuisi...
- Mark and Lynn discover Olive's in Soho...
- Mark and Lynn spend 8 rainy hours in and around So...
- Kelapo raises the bar on Coconut Oil
- Mark and Lynn celebrate Mother's Day Brunch at Jed...
- Mark and Lynn gain further appreciation for the Mu...
- Mark and Lynn visit the jaw dropping Samurai Exhib...
- ▼ May (8)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- ► 2009 (87)
- ► 2008 (59)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...