Deer Run Farm in Brookhaven. Dear Run Farms is a reliable provider of everyday summer fare for us during the summer but more recently we have noticed Deer Run Farms has branched out from the usual Long Island summer/fall staples like corn, onions and butter crunch lettuce to include more exotic fare such as something we got from the farm's farm stand this weekend; Oriental Cauliflower.
Janet, one of the farm's owners described it as "lacy" as it was more subtle in appearance with an elegance that the suddenly more pedestrian everyday Cauliflower lacked. We roasted it with some simple garlic powder and found it both flavorful but delicate a nice addition to our fall palette...
- ► 2019 (12)
- ► 2018 (35)
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (38)
- Apothic Dark is Mark and Lynn's official wine of t...
- Wegmans saves the day for Mark and Lynn....
- Mark and Lynn in Wilmington: The Goat and Compass ...
- Mark and Lynn take Jackson and Sloane to the North...
- Mark and Lynn discover Deer Run Farms' Oriental Ca...
- Saying goodbye to Summer at Captain Scott's Lobste...
- ▼ October (6)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- ► 2009 (87)
- ► 2008 (59)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...