Lynn was playing culinary archaeologist again, recently and stumbled upon the H and Y Market in Hicksville NY. The H and Y is an Asian Oriented Market with a heavy emphasis on Korean food and sundry products. The interior is well worn and cluttered and to be frank nobody there had an abundance of charm the day we visited. Despite this, our visit was really kind of eye opening because of the Oriental/Korean exotica which is rare on our part of Long Island. For us the highlights included the fish department where we got a great piece of Tilapia and some nice Oysters. We also got some very exotic (to us at least) Korean snacks. A fun place for us but only if we are in the mood....
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- Mark and Lynn check out the work of Ralph Pucci an...
- Mark and Lynn revel in the weirdness of Bjork at t...
- Mark and Lynn visit the divine "The Buddhist Art o...
- Mark and Lynn behold the awesome Donatello exhibit...
- Mark and Lynn visit the venerable Carlyle Hotel......
- Easter Sunday on 5th Avenue....
- Mark and Lynn visit H and Y Market in Hicksville
- ▼ April (7)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- ► 2009 (87)
- ► 2008 (59)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...