Sand City Brewing Co. in Northport, Long Island. We met there in the early afternoon and had a nice sampler of their offerings of which our faves were "Ryes and Tide" (my fave) and the Breakfast Stout (Lynn's fave). The Ryes and Tide had low alcohol and a sweet flavor complemented with some bite. The Breakfast Stout was, to our mind, very complex and dark with chocolate notes along with some coffee flavors intermingled; would be a great pairing with chocolate or beef.
The interior of the place was very cheerful, the Jets game was on, people were in a good mood. I couldn't help but think that Sand City reminded me of Hemingway's "A Clean Well Lighted Place."
- ► 2019 (12)
- ► 2018 (35)
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- Mark and Lynn take in "A Clean Well Lighted Place"...
- Lynn has a particularly memorable meal at the Cafe...
- Mark and Lynn (plus Jackson and Sloane) unwind at ...
- Mark and Lynn spend an afternoon with Jackson and ...
- The Water Cafe at the Institute of Contemporary Ar...
- Salt Kitchen & Rum Bar in Ipswich warms Mark and L...
- ▼ November (6)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- ► 2009 (87)
- ► 2008 (59)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...