Sand City Brewing Co. in Northport, Long Island. We met there in the early afternoon and had a nice sampler of their offerings of which our faves were "Ryes and Tide" (my fave) and the Breakfast Stout (Lynn's fave). The Ryes and Tide had low alcohol and a sweet flavor complemented with some bite. The Breakfast Stout was, to our mind, very complex and dark with chocolate notes along with some coffee flavors intermingled; would be a great pairing with chocolate or beef.
The interior of the place was very cheerful, the Jets game was on, people were in a good mood. I couldn't help but think that Sand City reminded me of Hemingway's "A Clean Well Lighted Place."
Tuesday, November 10, 2015
Mark and Lynn take in "A Clean Well Lighted Place" at Sand City Brewing Company...
- ► 2019 (12)
- ► 2018 (35)
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (28)
- Mark and Lynn take in "A Clean Well Lighted Place"...
- Lynn has a particularly memorable meal at the Cafe...
- Mark and Lynn (plus Jackson and Sloane) unwind at ...
- Mark and Lynn spend an afternoon with Jackson and ...
- The Water Cafe at the Institute of Contemporary Ar...
- Salt Kitchen & Rum Bar in Ipswich warms Mark and L...
- ▼ November (6)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (113)
- ► 2009 (87)
- ► 2008 (59)
Links of note from M & L...
- I (Mark) have written for The Christian Science Monitor, Clear Magazine, Picture Magazine, Film Score Monthly, Dan's Papers, Rue Morgue, In Flight USA and a lot more publications that I can't remember.... My wife Lynn was a model with the Ford Agency and her photography has been featured in most of the publications I have written for...